With the start of 2015 rolling in, why not make a fashionable resolution? Be realistic though, and doing all these on the list might not be too wise of an idea.
1. Hanger Flip: starting today: turn each hanger in your closet backwards. After you wear the garment, flip the hanger around the right way. After 6 months, everything garment that hasn’t been flipped: donate. Within reason though, I understand you have those few garments you’ll never part with.
2. Always wear pretty underwear: Wear sexy lingerie for yourself! You’ll be amazed how much a lacey bra can do for your confidence. Plus, a good outfit starts with what’s underneath ;)
3. Educate yourself: subscribe to a magazine. This way, each month you have something to look forward to. “I cant afford a subscription” is not an excuse. I always recommend Harper’s Bazzaar, and they do a $18 for 16 month subscription: that’s less than $1 a month and Bazaar goes for about $4 at a market.
4. Always have your nails done: Everyone sees your nails: when you're eating, writing checks, texting, etc. For some reason I am deathly terrified of my future boyfriend proposing to me and my nails are chipped and janky. If they’re always done, you wont have to worry about this happening!
5. Wake up 15 mins earlier each day to allow time to pamper yourself: 15 minutes is all you need in the morning to do something nice for yourself. For me personally, I feel at my best when my hair looks good. So for me, I would use this 15 minutes to do a cute hairstyle versus just throwing it into a bun for class. It could also be something like making a fancy cup of tea, or wearing a bolder lipstick. 15 mins. That’s all.
6. Change your eyebrows. I remember the first time I shaped my eyebrows. It was almost like I unlocked the potential my face had. You have no idea how much a change in your brows can do to your face. It cleans up your look, enhances your features and can even make you look older/ more mature, for you ladies who are 19 and get mistaken for 15.
7. Vary your lipstick shades: If you’ve stuck to the same old boring gloss or lipstick you’ve been wearing since 7th grade, try a new one. Whats the harm? If you don’t like it, you can simply tissue it off. I always hated purple lipstick and then I tried it and loved it.
8. Find new brands other than ones you usually shop from: If the only stores you buy from are Express, Forever 21, and Victoria’s Secret, try searching online for a different store. Who knows: you might find a new favorite store. Or if you’ve put a label on a store, for example “Chicos is for old women”, break away from that image and give that store a try. You might find a gem that you wouldn’t have found otherwise
9. Incorporate fashion into your technology: I found adorable phone cases on Amazon.com for as low as 99 cents, so there is no excuse to have a crappy, beat-up phone case. In today’s day and age, we have our cell phones in our hands 99.9% of the time, so why not make it cute? Don’t want to spend money? Adding a fashionable wallpaper as your lock screen can even make a statement.
10. Challenge yourself to make an outfit lookbook each time you wear an outfit you adore: I’m not saying take a photo every day, but whenever you are wearing an outfit you are proud of, take a photo! Keep them in a file on your computer, pin them to pinterest or make a collage so you can create new ideas as well. It will also motivate you to dress more fashionable in the future
11. Become a cosmetic sales rep. This is a great way to become more active in the cosmetic industry, test out new products, find new trends and ummm…,make money! Plus, it’s perfect for college students because there are no set hours. Contact a Mary Kay rep or an Avon (I prefer Avon) rep to find out how to get started.
12. Start a blog: like me! This one is like accepting a challenge. It doesn’t even have to be a fashion/beauty blog: it can be whatever you want: music, food, One Direction, basket weaving, whatever you’re passionate about. I obviously got started using Weebly.com, but there are other sites to use such as wordpress.com, yola.com or blogspot.com. However, wordpress and yola are harder to find via search engines and blogspot was difficult to learn. Personally, I’m glad I have my blog to look forward to whenever I want.
SO here are 12 fashion-y ideas for New Year’s Resolutions. I did 12 so if you want to try all of them, but you screw up, there’s a new one for each month. See what I did there?? Like I said, be reasonable. If you have no interest in make-up whatsoever, becoming a sales rep probably isn’t for you. Or if you play a hand-intensive sport such as lacrosse, it will obviously be harder to always have your nails painted. Always remember with New Year’s resolutions to be honest with yourself: if you don’t think you can stick to that resolution, don’t do it. Save yourself some disappointment. I wish all of you the best of luck!
Make 2015 Great