THE BIG TESTERS:
1. MAC Cosmetics. MAC is known to be one of the most cruel and inhumane animals as far as testing goes. I personally will never buy a MAC product because of the horror stories I've heard and pictures I have seen. What really frustrates me about MAC is they are not ashamed that they are cruel testers, and they have openly said that never plan on stopping. Well MAC, I'm sure that attitude is costing you more sales than you realize.
Instead of a MAC mascara, try Hard Candy Lash Call Lengthening mascara.
2. CoverGirl. You want to know something gross? Aside from testing on animals, CoverGirl is also known to have traces of placenta in their face powder. I knew there was a reason I was not a huge CoverGirl fan.
Instead of using CoverGirl products, try Wet 'n Wild. They are virtually the same formula in their products, but Wet 'n Wild is cruelty-free.
3. Dove. This one surprised me as well. But don't let the logo fool you, they are a large corporation that is pro-testing. Instead of using Dove products, try The Body Shop. I have sworn by Body Shop products for years, and aside from being the best body-care products ever, they are cruelty-free and Fair Trade supporters.
Aveeno, Bath and Body Works, Chapstick, Clairol, Clearasil, Elizabeth Arden, Garnier, Gucci, Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences, Jurlique, Lancôme, L'Oreal, Max Factor, Michael Kors, Nair, Neutrogena, Olay, Old Spice, Ponds, Revlon, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Simple (surprised me!), St. Ives (again, surprise!), TREsemme, Venus, Viktor&Rolf, V05.
On the bright side, here are some products that are known to be cruelty-free:
1. NYX Cosmetics: proudly against animal testing in ALL of their products.
2. Secret: yay!
3. Nars. THANK GOD. I would be quite upset with Francois is NARS were testers.
4. Chanel: You go Coco.
5. The Body Shop: Also a member of the Fair Trade organization.
6. Clarins of Paris
7. Rosebud Perfume Company: Smith's Rosebud Salve is testing/ cruelty-free.
8. Hello Kitty
11. Physicians Formula
12. Stila Cosmetics
13. Anastasia Beverly Hills
14. Crabtree & Evelyn
15. Bonne Bell
These lists just give a little overview of the testers and the non-testers. It's just a little something to think about.